Tuesday, July 3, 2018

NYC Photos - Botanical Gardens in Spring

When my husband and I took a vacation to New York City at the end of March/beginning of April, one of the highlights was visiting the New York Botanical Gardens in the Bronx. My husband's cousin works there as a horticulturalist, and he gave us a VIP tour of the place (including a peak inside some of the staff-only greenhouses)! There was also an amazing orchid show in the conservatory greenhouse and some nice spring color starting to bloom in the Rock Garden.

Because the weather was colder-than-average for much of March and April, there wasn't a whole lot else to look at yet, flower-wise... but I did manage to take some nice pictures of flowers in the Botanical Gardens grounds! My favorites are below:






















I have a lot more photos of the Botanical Gardens to share, including pictures of the aforementioned orchid show, the other plants in the conservatory greenhouse, spring flowers growing in the Rock Garden, and even some pictures from the staff-only greenhouses - so make sure to check back! I'll be making future posts with more pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment