Thursday, September 8, 2016

Late Summer Backyard Flowers

Here are the "late summer" flowers I had in my backyard this year.

My orange lilies in the backyard were really beautiful for about two weeks in early August, until some deer (presumably) came threw and ate them. (I say presumably only because I didn't catch them red-hooved. But I'm like 90% sure it was deer.)

I also actually saw some roses on my backyard rose bush! I thought Ginny had totally dug up/destroyed them, but a couple managed to poke out for a few days, before the hot August sun dried them up.

A dying rose

Pretty purple flowers on the hosta by the lilies

Hosta flowers

Lilies

Lilies

As always, I take these photos, keep them, and organize them on my computer so that I can use them in the future for artwork (drawings or paintings). I like having an extensive digital archive of my own images that I can use as source material when I need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment