Tuesday, August 7, 2018

"Loyalty" Colored Pencil Drawing

You can purchase this drawing here in my Etsy shop.

I gave this colored pencil drawing the title "Loyalty" because that is one of the things daisies symbolize, and this is a drawing of a field of daisies! Like my previous drawing, I used Prismacolor colored pencils and Strathmore toned gray paper.

First, I found a source photo from the internet to refer to while I drew - though when I started drawing, I ultimately decided to add more blue shadows to the petals than the source photo has.




I started with a quick sketch to get the general design down.





Then I started adding dimensionality, using medium and dark blues for the shadows on the petals and the yellow center.






In the background, I added an blurry grassy field with layers of green colored pencils.







Here's the finished drawing:





You can purchase this drawing here in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment