Saturday, October 6, 2018

Pattern Nicole in Blue - 8x10 Watercolor

I recently completed another patterned watercolor painting, this one 8"x10" in size. I decided to do a monochromatic color scheme for this one, instead of mixing a few different hues together, and used only two colors - a medium color blue and light blue.

As with my other pattern paintings, the pattern comes from a design I created digitally with Adobe Illustrator software. I printed it out, traced it onto watercolor paper with pencil, and then painted inside the lines with Daniel Smith watercolor paints.

Here are the in progress photos:

(There are two pieces of paper with patterns traced on them in the first picture because I also completed another painting recently - Pattern Nora in Brown! Check back soon for its own blog post.)











And here is the finished piece:








Love the blue color on this one! Wouldn't this look great as decor in a sunny beach house?

No comments:

Post a Comment