Sunday, May 12, 2019

The Great Lakes in Blue-Black

I recently painted two other 8x10 "Great Lakes" watercolor paintings - one as a gift for my sister-in-law, who just moved to Michigan (that painting to come in my next post!) and this other "black and blue" themed piece, created with Ivory Black and light Cerulean Blue watercolor tubes.

This first photo shows my new "The Great Lakes in Blue-Black" watercolor painting while it's still fresh and wet. You can see how the two colors dried differently, with the black staying wetter longer than the blue pigment.





When it was dry, I untaped it from the table and took it upstairs to photograph. Here's the finished painting, dry and signed in the corner, below Lake Erie.






This painting, and all other "Great Lakes" paintings I've created that are still available for purchase, can all be found here in my Etsy shop. Each painting is $49, and includes a white mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment