Saturday, May 18, 2019

The Great Lakes in Blue-Green and Brown

As I mentioned in my last post, I recently painted one my "Great Lakes" watercolors as a gift for my sister-in-law, who just moved to Michigan. She likes earth tones and neutral colors, so I used colors similar to what I used for my recent "River Pebbles" patterned paintings - Olive Green, Cerulean Blue, and Orange-Brown.

Because I also planned to paint another "Great Lakes" painting (the Blue-Black piece I featured in my last post), I traced the outline of the Great Lakes onto two pieces of watercolor paper, and taped them both down at the same time.




In the photo below, you can see the three tubes of watercolor paint I used, as well as the still-wet, recently finished painting.





Once it was dry enough, I untapped it from the table, signed it, and took it upstairs to photograph.





I purchased a two-tone white and wood frame, cut the painting to size so it would fit, and then gifted it to my sister-in-law. I love how this frame looks like it has a wooden mat around it between the white paper and the white frame.






No comments:

Post a Comment