Thursday, July 25, 2019

"Resentment" Colored Pencil Drawing

This new 8"x10" colored pencil drawing is titled "Resentment" due to the symbolism of petunias, the drawing's subject matter. I used Prismacolor pencils and Strathmore black paper.

I started with a quick sketch of the whitest parts of the petunia flowers, to block off where I wanted each flower to be. Then, I started lightly sketching in some background leaves with two green colored pencils.




I then went through and added detail and dimension to the flowers and leaves. For each flower, I used several shades of pink and purple to build up the interesting striped patterns on the petals. I used a white colored pencil for the highlights.







I continued this process for each flower, also adding depth and dimension to the leaves as I went around the drawing.









Here are some detail shots of the finished drawing:







Finally, I added a white mat, and listed the drawing for sale on Etsy. You can find the listing here.





No comments:

Post a Comment