Friday, September 20, 2019

Pattern Chesney in Pink and Red

"Pattern Chesney in Pink and Red" is another 8x10" patterned watercolor painting I recently completed.

As usual, I started by tracing one of my personally designed patterns (created in Adobe Illustrator) onto watercolor paper in pencil. Then I taped down the paper to hold it flat while I painted, selected my paint tubes, and got to work!





Here is the start of the process, going back and forth between the pink and red watercolor pigments to paint each shape in between the white pattern. The white pattern that remains is the color of the unpainted paper.





Getting closer! This painting is now about 3/4 complete.





And here's the finished painting - first while it was still taped down and drying, and then once it was completely dry and untaped, with any remaining pencil marks erased.









This particular painting is not yet listed for sale on Etsy, but in the meantime, check out the several watercolor sets of patterned paintings I do have in my Etsy shop - framed and ready to hang!

No comments:

Post a Comment