Saturday, September 14, 2019

Pattern Kiara in Olive Green and Blue

I recently painted several 8"x10" patterned watercolors, and today I'd like to show you the in-progress (and finished!) pics of "Pattern Kiara in Olive Green and Blue."

First, as usual, I traced the pattern onto watercolor paper with pencil. This pattern is one of literally thousands that I've designed over the last several years in Adobe Illustrator.

I taped the drawing down onto the table, to keep it flat while I painted, and selected the two colors of Daniel Smith brand watercolors paints I'd be using - olive green and blue.




Then I started painting with a small brush, careful not to paint the parts of the pattern that I wanted to keep white. I worked through the whole painting this way. (In some of the pictures below, you can see which ares of paint were still wet when I took the photo.)








And here's the finished painting, still taped down while it finishes drying!





Once fully dry, I untaped it, matted it, and photographed the finished piece.








This particular painting is not yet listed for sale on Etsy, but in the meantime, check out the several watercolor sets of patterned paintings I do have in my Etsy shop - framed and ready to hang!

No comments:

Post a Comment