Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Pattern Melody in Black and Blue

"Pattern Melody in Black and Blue" is another one of my recently completed 8"x10" watercolor painting, and the subject of today's post.

I designed the pattern in Adobe Illustrator, used pencil to trace the pattern onto watercolor paper, and then taped down the paper to keep it flat while painting.

For this particular painting, I used a couple different shades of blue, as well as black watercolor pigment.








Here's what the painting looks like all finished (but while it was still a little wet):






And here's the finished painting once it was fully dry, untaped, and with any stray pencil lines erased.








This particular painting is not yet listed for sale on Etsy, but in the meantime, check out the several watercolor sets of patterned paintings I do have in my Etsy shop - framed and ready to hang!

No comments:

Post a Comment