Thursday, October 3, 2019

Pattern Minnesota in Pink and Yellow

This 8"x10" watercolor painting is called "Pattern Minnesota in Pink and Yellow" - because it's Pattern Minnesota (one of the patterns I designed in Adobe Illustrator, all of which I've given names), and I used pink and yellow watercolor pigments! (Sometimes my artwork titles are metaphorical... other times, I go the 100% literal route!)

I traced Pattern Minnesota onto watercolor paper, then taped it down so it would lie flat while I was painting. Here's what it looked like before any paint was down on the paper:




Then I carefully painted around the pattern with my two chosen pigments and a small brush, leaving the white watercolor paper visible where the pattern was. In places where the pink and yellow pigments ended up touching, I also created some pretty shades of orange!








And here's the finished painting, still taped down while it finishes drying:





Once fully dry, I untaped it, erased any stray pencil marks that were still visible, and photographed the finished piece!







This particular painting is not yet listed for sale on Etsy, but in the meantime, check out the several watercolor sets of patterned paintings I do have in my Etsy shop - framed and ready to hang!

No comments:

Post a Comment