Thursday, December 5, 2019

Expected Due Date Approaching

It's hard to believe it's already December!! Though my official due date is January 12, I think it's likely I'll be induced sooner (maybe even by the end of this month!) given my diabetes. It's crazy to think that this could be the month we meet our new baby and become parents!

And with that in mind, I wanted to take this opportunity to give you a heads up of what to expect on this blog over the next few months...

The last several weeks have been a whirlwind of preparation for me - not only have I been getting everything set up for Baby's arrival (stocking up on diapers and clothes, making sure the nursery is organized, attending childbirth and newborn care classes, finding a pediatrician, making a birthing plan, etc.); I've also been trying to get ahead on holiday art orders and my own holiday shopping and wrapping - just in case Baby shows up earlier than expected!

More than that, I've also been going full steam ahead on creating lots of new artwork - colored pencil drawings and watercolor paintings alike - and planning blog posts waaaay into the future, scheduling them in advance - all so that I can slow down whenever Baby shows up and know that I still have a backlog of recent artwork to scan, make notecards of, sell on Etsy, and post to social media about, even if I'm a bit busy with new parenthood to make any new art for the next several months.

Currently, I have blog posts fully scheduled through February 2020, so that I have time to adjust to my new life as a mother without worrying about blogging. You can look forward to some blog posts wrapping up the end of my artistic year this month, a couple patterned watercolor paintings to appear in blog posts in January - and in February, a look at the artwork I created for my nursery. I will (of course) post some updates about the end of my pregnancy (and how difficult it was to manage my diabetes in the third trimester) and my new baby, but don't expect these blog posts until March.

No comments:

Post a Comment