Sunday, January 5, 2020

Pattern Notta in Black

This 8"x10" watercolor painting is one I completed many months ago, but which I'm only now finally posting on this blog! It's called "Pattern Notta in Black" and uses only one watercolor pigment - my tube of Daniel Smith brand ebony black.

I traced the pattern onto watercolor paper and taped it down to ensure that it stayed flat while I painted. Then I added black pigment (with a small brush) to all areas of the painting without the parts of the pattern that I wanted to keep white.











Once it was fully dry, I untaped it, erased any stray pencil lines, and photographed the finished painting.







This particular painting is not yet listed for sale on Etsy, but in the meantime, check out the several watercolor sets of patterned paintings I do have in my Etsy shop - framed and ready to hang!

No comments:

Post a Comment