Thursday, February 13, 2020

Nursery Art: 22x30 Laini Taylor Quotation Watercolor Finished

Last week I showed the process of painting the pattern in the background of this 22"x30" watercolor, completed for our nursery back in September of last year. Today, I'll show you the photos of the letters being painted, as well as what the finished product looked like.

As with the first quotation painting, I used a mix of dark green and black watercolor pigments to get this nice, dark, rich color for the letters, because I wanted them to stand out from the busy background.






Once it was dry, I unstapled it from the gatorboard, and then trimmed the edges off so it would fit into the size frame I wanted. I custom ordered the frames - white metal, no mat, and no-glare acrylic on top, to protect the painting and make sure the quotations were still easily readable underneath, not obstructed by glare.




Here are the two finished quotation paintings, leaning up against our yellow nursery wall, waiting to be hung up! (And a dog thrown in for scale reference!)




I also painting three smaller watercolors for the nursery - a fox and two owls, to go with our subtle "woodland" theme. Next week's blog post will be all about those paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment