Saturday, June 20, 2020

"Luck" Colored Pencil Drawing

I completed this drawing in March, just before St. Patrick's Day! This 8"x10" drawing of "lucky" bells of Ireland uses Prismacolor brand pencils and Canson Mi-Tientes green paper.

I started by outlining the plants in a light cream colored pencil:




Then, I started lightly shading in the shadows with a blue-green colored pencil:





I found the darkest areas of the background and blocked off those areas with an indigo pencil:




Once this first light sketch was complete, I started going through piece by piece and adding details. I used the cream colored pencil, and a light yellow-green pencil, for highlights, the blue-green and indigo pencils for shadows, and a medium green pencil to blend between these extremes:








Here's the finished piece:











As I said in my last post, I'm not yet putting these drawings on Etsy... The items that sell best on my Etsy shop are notecards and it wasn't worth my time (and the listing costs) to continue posting all my original drawings and paintings on there as well. I'm in the process of looking into other places where I might sell my work instead - but in the meantime, if you see anything on this blog that you're interested in, please contact me at afrownfe@gmail.com! This drawing and most of my other 8"x10" colored pencil drawings on this blog are all available for sale, so don't be afraid to reach out if see something you'd like to own!

No comments:

Post a Comment