Saturday, June 13, 2020

"Wealth" Colored Pencil Drawing

As always, this blog is a little behind "real time." As such, even though I've had blog posts of colored pencil drawings this year already, those were all drawings I finished in 2019. This drawing - "Wealth" on green paper - marks the first artwork I started and completed in 2020, since the birth of my baby girl! I drew this over the course of several days in February 2020 - a few minutes here and there, while she was napping.

This 8"x10" drawing is of alstroemeria flowers, commonly called "Peruvian lilies," which symbolize wealth and status (among other things). I used Prismacolor brand pencils on Canson Mi-Teintes green paper.

First, I started with a light sketch of where I wanted each flower to go:






Then I started adding in details and dimension, petal by petal:






Finally, I added dimension and detail to the greenery in the background, also darkening the flower petals to add more contrast as I went:






Here's the final drawing:









I'm not yet putting these drawings on Etsy at this time. The items that sell best on my Etsy shop are notecards and other art prints, rather than originals, and it wasn't worth my time (and the listing costs) to continue posting all my original drawings and paintings on there as well. I'm in the process of looking into other places where I might sell my work instead - but in the meantime, if you see anything on this blog that you're interested in, please contact me at afrownfe@gmail.com! This drawing and most of my other 8"x10" colored pencil drawings on this blog are all available for sale, so don't be afraid to reach out if see something you'd like to own!

No comments:

Post a Comment