Sunday, July 5, 2020

"Gelato Bar" 4x6 Watercolor Paintings

This set of three 4"x6" watercolor paintings is called "Gelato Bar" for its pastel color scheme, which reminded me of the row of fruity flavors of gelato available at a large gelaterie in Florence, Italy.

As with all of my patterned watercolor paintings, first I selected which patterns to use (out of the literal hundreds I've designed in Adobe Illustrator over the years). I traced these patterns onto separate pieces of watercolor paper cut to 4"x6" and then taped them down to keep the paper flat while I painted.

The first painting in this trio has a pastel orange-yellow color scheme.






For the next painting I completed, I used a pastel blue-green color scheme.








Finally, I used a pastel pink and purple color scheme for the third painting.






I just love these colors! Here is the completed set of three:






I framed the set in a single frame, with a mat that had three openings for 4"x6" artworks. Because the fronts are unsigned, this frame can be hung in any orientation or direction, horizontally or vertically.






No comments:

Post a Comment