Saturday, October 24, 2020

"Attachment" Colored Pencil Drawing

This next colored pencil drawing is also 8"x10" on Strathmore gray paper: delphiniums, a.k.a. larkspur. These tall flower stalks come in blue, purple, or white - or all three! They symbolize "attachment," which is where the title of this drawing comes from.

I started with a sketch just to lay out on the page where I planned to draw each of the flower stalks in this delphinium field:






Then I started the long process of adding detail to each of the flowers on each stalk. It took me several days (though, granted, I only could work on it for 30 minutes - 1 hour at a time, once or twice a day, while my daughter slept). :)

Here is the step by step process:












I just love how this one turned out - such gorgeous colors, and so much detail! Here are some close-up shots of the final drawing:









No comments:

Post a Comment