Wednesday, November 11, 2020

2020 Gift Giving Season

I have several notecard sets available on Etsy, and they have proved even more popular than usual this year, from alphabet stationery to my colorful Great Lakes designs! I assume everyone being stuck at home during the pandemic and being unable to visit family and friends may have something to do with a sudden interest in stationery and sending snail mail... One customer bought an entire alphabet's worth of cards and told me she planned to send one notecard a week to her friend, listing inside affirmations and positive adjectives their friend embodied that started with that letter. What a wonderful idea - a great way to keep in touch, and lift someone's spirits during what has been for many a very trying year.






(You can find all these notecards for sale in my Etsy shop here.)

These notecards will continue to be for sale during the upcoming holiday gift giving season - but there may be slight delays I have to deal with, so please give me plenty of time to accommodate your request if you are planning to order notecards from me this holiday season. For one thing, there continue to be frequent shipping delays with the post office, as there has been all year. For another... I have some exciting news to share - we're moving!

It's definitely bittersweet, since we fully intended for our house in Rochester Hills, Michigan to be our forever house and we made lots of updates to it, thinking we'd be here for many more years to come. I think of all the memories we have from living here the last 8 years and can't help tear up a little - bringing our puppy home five and a half years ago and watching her cower under the storage unit in our breakfast nook, installing custom shelves in several closets, picking out several paint colors, having board game nights with friends, hosting Passover seders and Thanksgiving and Easter and Christmas dinners, bringing our newborn daughter home ten months ago, and all the days and nights nursing her and rocking her to sleep, playing with her, watching her learn how to roll and sit on her own and crawl... But our new house is amazing, and I'm also excited to move into it and turn it into our home. It's in a wonderful neighborhood in Ann Arbor, and I love picturing our daughter growing up in our new house and neighborhood.

That being said - it's a HUGE job packing up a house full of stuff and moving it to a new house; that job is even more daunting when you factor in the baby and the pandemic this country is still in the middle of. (I will save all the details for another post - after we've (hopefully) successfully navigated the whole process and I have time to reflect back on it.) And that process unfortunately includes packing up all my art supplies, and then unpacking and reorganizing them in the new house, making it difficult to produce much art for several weeks; similarly, it requires packing up and transporting my computer and printer, and all my notecard paper, making it difficult to print and ship out my popular notecard sets. 

As of the writing of this post (which is a few weeks in advance of it going live), we don't yet know our exact timeline for moving, though we do plan on having some overlap between getting the keys to our new place and fully moving out of, let alone selling, our current home. I will do my best to print out any notecard orders I receive in a timely manner, and will let you know when you place the order how soon to expect your order to be available to be shipped. 

But in the meantime, this also means fewer blog posts - probably for the next few months at least, while we pack everything, make any changes to our new house that may be necessary before moving in, transporting all our stuff (and ourselves!) to our new place, unpacking and reorganizing everything, and getting our current house ready to list for sale... all while also juggling the holiday season and an almost-one-year-old! 

No comments:

Post a Comment