Friday, January 8, 2021

Pattern Verity in Green and Pink

This green and pink patterned watercolor painting is 8"x10" in size, and was actually completed back in December 2019 - though I'm just now getting around to posting it here. :)

I traced the pattern onto watercolor paper, and taped it to the table so it would stay flat while I painted. Then I gradually went through the painting with two shades of green and opera pink watercolor tubes, letting the colors mix with wet-on-wet techniques to get some unique color transitions.










Once the painting was dry, I untaped it, and matted and framed it, so that the painting would be ready to hang. It's non-representational and completely abstract, so there's no true "top" or "bottom" (or "left" or "right" side); I even left the front unsigned, so it can be hung horizontally or vertically, in either direction.










Want to own this painting (or something similar)? You can check out all the patterned watercolor options I have available for sale in my Etsy shop. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment