Tuesday, January 26, 2021

8x10 Pattern Watercolor Collection

Over the years, I've created lots of patterned watercolor paintings. Many are smaller in size (5"x7" or 4"6" - which I often frame as sets together with other similar small watercolors), but several are a slightly larger 8"x10" size as well. I recently bought several 11"x14" frames, matted down to 8"x10", and framed all of the 8"x10" pattern paintings I've made. 

Here is the entire collection (so far), all framed and ready:

























As you can see, I try to make a variety of patterns, and use a variety of color schemes, so there's something for everyone to enjoy! I love looking at these finished paintings - I find them very meditative to look at, and I love that they're completely abstract and non-representational (but if you stare at them long enough, sometimes you can see things in the patterns after all)!

I have plans for more patterned watercolor paintings (of course), but now that I have 20 finished 8"x10" patterned paintings, I thought it would be nice to look back at them all as a series, to see how they look together (so far). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment