Thursday, May 6, 2021

New Great Lakes Notecards

I recently made the difficult decision to increase the prices of my notecards on Etsy... I worry about losing potential customers, many of whom I'm sure were buying my notecards because they were such a great deal - but the truth is, I was barely making any profit from my notecard sales once you take into consideration the cost of the notecard paper and envelopes, printing ink, the clear plastic boxes I package all notecard sets in, shipping materials (bubble wrap and mailing envelopes), USPS priority shipping costs, and the multitude of fees Etsy charges per listing and per sale. 

The good news is, even though my notecards now cost a little more... there are also a TON of new designs and colors to choose from, because I also added a BUNCH of new inventory, as well as new package options, in all 3 of my notecard categories (abstract designs, floral designs, and Michigan-themed notecards)!

I am so excited about these new packages that I'm planning several more blog posts to feature all the new options... but if you don't want to wait for the blog posts, you can head on over to my Etsy shop now to see what's all available - all the new listings are already live! 

Today's blog post is going to be all about my Great Lakes notecards - by far my most popular style. I now have 4 different Great Lakes notecard listings (before I only had one). The first is the U-Pick option (the one that was already available), but with several more color options to choose from. This listing is great for those who want to purchase a set of notecards where all cards are the same color, OR for people who want to pick their own variety pack. 







You can select a set of 6, 8, or 10 notecards, and there are now 24 different color options available. I also created a four-digit-code for each color, to make it easier to select your desired color(s), as well as to make it easier for me to keep track of. My Great Lakes notecards are now available in:
  • 1709 - Copper
  • 1714 - Coral
  • 9909 - Peach
  • 1710 - Yellow & Blue
  • 9902 - Gold
  • 9905 - Yellow
  • 1708 - Rainbow
  • 1715 - Circus (a.k.a. Green, Pink, & Yellow)
  • 1713 - Pink & Green
  • 1911 - Pebbles (a.k.a. Brown, Green, & Blue)
  • 1504 - Blue-Green
  • 1711 - Green
  • 1501 - Valentine (a.k.a. Red, Pink, & Purple)
  • 9908 - Fire & Ice (a.k.a. Red & Blue)
  • 1502 - Carnation (Pink & Purple)
  • 9904 - Purple
  • 9910 - Indigo (a.k.a. Dark Blue-Violet)
  • 1503 - Blue-Violet
  • 1712 - Denim
  • 9901 - True Blue
  • 9906 - Tie Dye (a.k.a. Blue & Purple)
  • 9903 - Turquoise
  • 1912 - Blue-Black
  • 9907 - Gray



Besides the popular U-Pick listing, I also now have 3 other options - pre-packaged variety sets in coordinating color schemes: cool colors, warm colors, and "fun" colors (which are the color combinations which include both warm and cool colors on the same card).

The "Cool Colors" listing is for these 10 notecards:








The "Warm Colors" listing is for these 8 notecards:









And the "Fun Colors" listing is for these 6 notecards:







These 3 listings highlight potential color schemes and take the guesswork out of creating a variety pack. Love the "natural" watery look of the blue and green shades? Get the "Cool Colors" pack. Are you buying these cards as a gift, and you know your gift's recipient prefers pink or yellow? Then the "Warm Colors" pack is the perfect choice. Want to find the six most unique Great Lakes notecards anywhere? The "Fun Colors" pack is exactly what you're searching for.

On the other hand, if you like surprises, there's another way to get a variety pack with little effort on your part - head over to my U-Pick listing, select "variety pack", and include a message with your order explaining what you're looking for. Ask for a random assortment and I'll include 6, 8, or 10 different cards (depending on the quantity ordered) of any of the 24 available color options. Or tell me you prefer earth tones, or feminine colors, or bright designs - however you want to describe your favorite hues - and I'll give you a random assortment within your specifications. It's that easy!

Check back soon for more blog posts featuring other new notecard sets!

No comments:

Post a Comment