Saturday, August 28, 2021

New Abstract Leaf Notecards Set

I promise this is my last blog post featuring notecard designs for awhile! :)

I just wanted to highlight one more new notecard set available in my Etsy shop - a set of 8 cards with abstract leaf designs.

The original artwork for these cards were mixed media pieces ranging in size from 8"x10" to 4"x6". They were created by collecting dry leaves in the fall, painting the leaves with watercolor and using them to "stamp" designs onto watercolor paper, and adding choice lines with colored pencil to draw attention to certain shapes, fill in missing areas, and add a feeling of the crunchy, crisp texture of leaves in autumn. I created these back in 2015 (where they were a reprise of a similar piece of art I created in 2005-2006 in high school), loved how they turned out, and even scanned them so I could make notecards of them, but never got around to making said notecards until now.

Unlike all my other pre-selected notecard variety packs, this one does not have all different designs. There are 8 cards in the pack, but only 4 designs - you receive 2 cards of each design.












No comments:

Post a Comment