Wednesday, August 18, 2021

New Tinted Flower Notecards Set

In addition to finally getting some notecard sets designed, printed, and made available for sale in my Etsy shop from my "Flower Attributes" colored pencil series, I also finally got around to creating notecard sets for some older floral drawings.

This "Tinted Flower" set is comprised of six drawings completed in 2015 and 2016, on a mix of toned gray and toned tan paper. The original drawings were all 5"x7" in size. In each, I focused more on the shading of the flowers (highlights and shadows), rather than the color, adding only a bit of color once all the shading was in place, to give the drawings a desaturated look. It was a departure from the vibrant, highly saturated look I usually prefer, and not something I've done much of in the five years since (though I do really like how these notecards turned out, so maybe there'll be more of these in the near future!).












This pack includes the following 6 designs:

  • Purple Tint (originally titled "Rose with a Hint of Purple")
  • Aqua Tint (originally titled "Rose with a Hint of Aqua")
  • Sepia Tint Duo (originally titled "Roses with a Hint of Orange & Yellow")
  • Sepia Tint Trio (originally titled "More Roses with a Hint of Orange & Yellow")
  • Blue Tint Sunflower (originally titled "Sunflower in Navy Blue and Yellow")
  • Norfolk Succulents (the only one of the 6 designs with no color at all - the drawing was made using only black and white colored pencils, on toned gray paper)

-

Love these notecards but wish you could swap out a few designs for some of my other floral drawings instead? I also have a U-Pick floral drawing listing available!

No comments:

Post a Comment