Thursday, September 28, 2017

"Ability Bouquet (Stronger Together)" - In Progress 5

This drawing uses flowers to symbolize the wide variety of different physical, emotional, and mental abilities humans might have, as a way to show how we are better and stronger together when we are willing to help each other out.

To read about "the ability umbrella" - what exactly I mean when I talk about differences in ability - please visit this blog post.

To read about the symbolism of each flower used in this bouquet drawing, visit this blog post.

**

My next set of six flowers on this "Ability Bouquet" drawing started with the pink dahlia in the center. I used three shades of green for the leaves, and black, indigo blue, dark purple, dark red, two shades of pink, and light lavender gray pencils for the petals.





On the right side of the bouquet, I colored in this bunch of dying tansy flowers. Less vibrant that the tansy plants I've drawn in other bouquet in this series, it's clear that there is something "less than" healthy about these brownish flowers and stems. I used green, yellow, dark yellow, light tan, orange, brown, and dark red colored pencils.





These hellebore flowers - which are just starting to wilt - were drawn with ten different colored pencils: brown, magenta, dark purple, light purple, light lavender gray, light tan, yellow, light yellow-green, green, and blue.





Nestled between the hellebore and the dahlia are these five wilted roses - once white but now decidedly brown and dry. I used green, light tan, yellow, brown, and dark brown colored pencils for these roses.





To the right of the dahlia, I drew in the colored layers for these aloe stalks. I used two green pencils, black, dark red, red, orange, yellow, and light tan.





The twelfth flower I drew in are these dark cherry blossoms. I used indigo blue and dark red for the centers and dark red and green for the tree branches. For the petals, I used two shades of light pink and my light lavender gray colored pencil.




Now my "Ability Bouquet (Stronger Together)" drawing is halfway done! I have twelve more flowers to finish up with layers of Prismacolor pencils. Then, it's just a matter of putting finishing touches on the glass vase at the bottom, and signing and dating the piece. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment