Sunday, September 3, 2017

Summer Flower Photos 2017

With Labor Day weekend upon us, summer is officially over. As usual, I took several photos of flowers I saw over the summer months - with the goal of eventually using some of them to inspire future artwork. Below are some of my favorites.

I took these pictures in Rochester and Rochester Hills, Michigan - at the public library, at Yates Cider Mill, and in my own front yard. Other photos are from the beautiful landscaping at Angela Hospice in Livonia, where my grandma stayed for two weeks before she passed away at age 90 on July 31. I also took several photos of bouquets and flower arrangements - both from flowers my grandma received while she was in Hospice, to brighten her room, and from the funeral sympathy arrangements from family and friends.

My grandma loved flowers and had a wonderful garden for many decades. I think my own love of flowers was inherited from her sensibilities - if only I could have inherited her green thumb, as well!



























No comments:

Post a Comment