Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Blake's Custom Watercolor Bouquet Painting

I had another custom watercolor commission in September, through this listing in my Etsy shop. Blake purchased this 8x10" painting and sent me a photo of his wife's wedding bouquet (and her grandmother's gold bracelets, which were tied into the bouquet's ribbon).

Here are the initial soft layers, building up color:






Once the general colors and shapes were down, I started adding more details.








The plant sprigs poking out of the bouquet were not quite green - in the photo they were more white-ish, with sort of a frosted green look. First I painted the feathery leaves with green and blue watercolor, and then I went over them with dots of white acrylic paint.

I also used gold metallic watercolor paint for the bracelets, to give them just a bit of sparkle.







The final touch was adding purplish-red stripes to some of the far back white petals.





Here is the completed painting (source photograph on the left, painting on the right):





If you would like to purchase your own custom watercolor bouquet, check out this listing in my Etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment