Saturday, May 26, 2018

Dan's Custom Watercolor Bouquet Painting

I had another order back in March for a 8"x10" custom watercolor bouquet painting - my most popular listing on Etsy. (Check out the listing here!)

This painting was created for Dan, who wanted a painting of his wife's wedding bouquet, including the blue ribbon, heart charm, and small photograph that were tied to the bouquet on the day of the wedding.

I started with a light layer. I wanted to keep the colors as light as possible, for the most part, because the bouquet was all pale pinks, pale yellows, and whites.





I started adding in a few darker spots for the stems, the centers of the daisies, and a few shadows here and there, but still kept in as light colored as possible.









Once I was happy with how the flowers looked, I went through and added more white to lighten it up - using white acrylic paint over the layers of watercolor.






After I was done with the acrylic, I used a fine tip black calligraphy pen for the writing on the charm, as well as some details to the photograph.






Some details of the finished painting are above - and here is the complete painting, below!




No comments:

Post a Comment