Sunday, May 6, 2018

NYC Photos - Religious Buildings

You know what I think is really cool? Seeing strikingly different architectural styles next to each other, like Gothic or Renaissance Revival churches, cathedrals, and synagogues, next to skyscrapers, apartment buildings, and retail stores. It's something unique to major cities, I think, to have places of worship crammed right in among the capitalist meccas (storefronts and office buildings) and residential buildings, so that you can't help get the different styles all in the same shot.

Below are some of my favorite photos I took of religious buildings on this trip. Some I specifically sought out to photograph (like the unfinished largest Anglican cathedral, Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine, which we visited on a very rainy morning), while others just happened to catch my eye as I walked by, warranting a moment to stop and take a picture.










No comments:

Post a Comment