Monday, May 14, 2018

NYC Photos - Urban Flowers

When I was on my recent vacation to New York City, I took a lot of photos of architecture - but I also (of course!) took perhaps even more photos of flowers. Because we went in late March/early April and because this year's spring has been more winter-like in its weather, there weren't too many things yet in bloom - but I still managed to find several opportunities to take photos.

Below are some of my favorite photos of "urban flowers" - that is, flowers that I just happened to see as we were walking around NYC: flowers in pots and sidewalk/windowsill plantings outside of apartment buildings, cathedrals, hotel entrances, and museums.















A little later on (once I finish organizing them all!) I'll also make blog posts of flowers in larger, organized gardens like the Rockefeller Center Channel Gardens, flowers in Central Park, and flowers at the New York Botanical Gardens in the Bronx, where we spent a delightfully sunny (but still chilly) morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment