Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Floral Alphabet Watercolors - E & F

The next two watercolor paintings I completed in my floral alphabet watercolor series were for the letters E and F.

As with the other letters already done, I started with ink outlines of each later, taped down to help keep the paper flat while I painted.





I added a light layer of colors next, letting the color bleed into the background sometimes to really draw attention to the watercolor medium.





I darkened some of the non-floral parts of the letters with blue and purple paint, and added paint splatter across each painting with pink and yellow watercolor paint.





Finally, I went through and added more darker and brighter colors in some areas, to give the abstract flowers a sort of "stained glass" effect.






Here are the completed paintings for E and F.





No comments:

Post a Comment