Monday, April 13, 2020

"Modesty" Colored Pencil Drawing

Another 8"x10" drawing I finished at the end of 2019 is this one, also on Strathmore toned gray paper, using Prismacolor colored pencils. These little violet flowers symbolize modesty, which is where the title of the drawing comes from.

As usual, I started with a light sketch of the flowers and leaves, and then built up color and dimension from there, once I had the general sketch in place.






I started with the areas in shadow, to establish where the darkest part of the drawing would be. This helped me figure out how dark to make the other areas in relation to my darkest dark.






Then I went through the little purple flowers one by one, adding detail, shadow, and highlights.







Here's the finished drawing:







No comments:

Post a Comment