Sunday, April 26, 2020

Custom Name Painting (Omeed)

I recently completed a watercolor painting for a friend who'd just given birth to a baby boy named Omeed.

First, I traced the name onto watercolor paper, and selected the tubes of watercolor paint I would use. Then, I taped the paper down - to keep it flat while the paper was wet.





Because I have to do these types of paintings quickly, while the paint is still wet, I'm unable to stop and take "in progress" photos. But here is the painting once I was finished, but while the paint hadn't yet fully dried. You can see the shiny areas where the paint is still wet.





Once everything was dry, I untaped the paper and framed it.






These simple paintings make great minimalistic gifts for newly married couples and parents of new babies! You can order your own custom painting like this in my Etsy store.

No comments:

Post a Comment