Saturday, May 16, 2020

"Storm Clouds" 5x7 Watercolor Paintings

I painted several small patterned watercolors in 2019 before becoming a mom - and am just now getting around to posting them on this blog. :)

This trio is a set of three 5"x7" watercolors, each with a different color scheme: blue and black, yellow and black, and green and black. I named the set "Storm Clouds."

First, I selected the three patterns I would use for the set, and traced the patterns onto watercolor paper with pencil. Each pattern is a design I created in Adobe Illustrator a few years ago. Then I taped down the patterns and started painting!




The first painting I finished was a blue and black color scheme.






Next, I used a yellow and black color scheme for the second pattern, which had jagged edges that reminded me of lightning bolts.







For the third painting, I used a green and black color scheme.






Here is the completed set of three:





I framed them in a single frame, with a mat with three openings. Because the fronts of the paintings are unsigned, they can be hung in any orientation or direction - horizontally or vertically.







Check back next week for another blog post - a different set of three 5"x7" watercolor paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment