Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Pattern Genevra in Red-Orange

This 8"x10" watercolor painting was finished back in December 2019, one of a series of final watercolors I completed in the last weeks leading up to the birth of my baby. I'm just now getting around to posting it here because, you know... baby showed up. :)

As with all of my patterned watercolors, I started with a design I'd created digitally with Adobe Illustrator. I traced the design onto watercolor paper with pencil, and then started painting. This one uses an orange and red color scheme.










Once the painting was finished and dry, I untaped it, matted it, and framed it so that it would be ready to hang. Because the subject is totally abstract/non-representational, and the front is unsigned, it can be hung horizontally or vertically in either direction.










I love creating these patterns, and painting them as watercolors. I find them so contemplative, meditative, and relaxing to look at once they're all finished. If you love them too, you can find several similar options in my Etsy shop. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment