Thursday, September 10, 2020

"Vintage Photographs" 4x6 Watercolor Paintings

I painted another set of four 4"x6" patterned watercolor paintings - this one with a "vintage photograph" color scheme of black and white on two paintings, and sepia for the other two paintings.

I started by tracing patterns onto watercolor paper and taping the paper down so it would stay flat while I worked.




I painted the two "sepia" watercolors first, using pale yellows and light brown pigments.









Then I painted the two black and white paintings, using black watercolor pigment. I tried to use a lot of water so the black wouldn't get too dark, and it would be shades of gray instead of true, dark black.








Here are the finished four paintings:




I framed them in a single black frame with a white mat, cut with four openings for four 4"x6" paintings. Because the fronts are unsigned, they can be hung in any orientation, depending on if you want the black and white paintings horizontal, or the sepia ones horizontal.






No comments:

Post a Comment