Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Manuscript Editing Update

If I haven't been posting much of my recent art projects lately... It's because I haven't been working on anything.

With the Scarab Club and the downtown Rochester Gallery Stroll - and my trying to finish my six acrylic paintings in time to display them at the latter - I was prioritizing my art for several weeks, at the expense of writing. Now that I'm working part-time as a graphic design, I don't always have the time I'd like to for both, and I have to pick and choose which I want to focus on any given week (though - to some extent, I was doing that already anyway, before I started the job).

Furthermore, my novel had been more or less "wrapped up" in its current draft, and I'd given it to my husband and a close friend to read and give me advice/comments on before I did the next round of editing. Said close friend had also been working on a novel of her own, and in return I was reading and helping her edit her manuscript. So not only was a prioritizing art for awhile, but I also had little writing of my own to work on.

Now, I'm finally finished reading my friend's story, and she and my husband have gotten back to me with lots of helpful advice for my novel. I've switched gears back to writing and editing for now; it is still one of my goals for 2016 to polish this up and find a literary agent to guide it to the road of publication.

That is not to say that I won't also be making art, or posting about art on here - just that it will probably be less often while I am really focusing on writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment