Monday, July 11, 2016

Notecards (Cloud Atlas Sextet Paintings)

As I've mentioned several times, I've been meaning to make prints of some of my colored pencil drawings and paintings for quite awhile. Well, this weekend I finally got around to doing so! All of my artwork is scanned in at 600 dpi to my computer, making it easy to choose just the one I want, scale it down to fit onto a notecard, and print on my HP printer.

I made three "sets" available on Etsy, which I will print on demand when I have an order come in. Today I would like to go through the photos of the first set, a set of six designs that use my recent six "Cloud Atlas" inspired acrylic paintings as the featured artwork.

The blank notecards are available for purchase here.

Here are the cards as they are printed, before they are folded:




The cardstock they are printed on is a strong enough quality that the cards hold up/stand up very well on their own.







I also have matching white envelopes (A2 size - 4 3/8" x 5 3/4") that go with the cards:





The backs of each list the title, date, medium, and size of the original artwork. In this case, they were 8"x10" acrylic paintings on paper, which I completed in May 2016. Under the artwork information is my personal information - my digital signature, my website/blog info, and my social media info.





Here are some close-ups of "This Busted World" - one of the card designs in this set:








The insides of all cards are blank, making them perfect for letter writing or cards for a variety of occasions.




I've decided to sell the cards at $2.00 individually, or $1.75 each when packaged as a set. So this set of six cards (one card of each design) is priced at $10.50 on Etsy. They are available for purchase here.

For more information on the original paintings featured on these cards, just search the "Cloud Atlas" tag on this blog.

The original paintings are also available for purchase on Etsy:

- This Busted World (Black Eyed Susans)



- Toppling Dominoes (Coneflowers)



- The Eyes of Friends (Impatiens)



- An Infinite Matryoshka Doll (Phlox)



- Truths & Mistruths (Snapdragons)


- A Spent Firework (Sunflowers)




No comments:

Post a Comment