Friday, April 6, 2018

Charlotte Skyline in Progress - Finishing Touches!

After working on this painting for about two and a half months, I'm finally in the very last stages! Below are my final "in progress" photos, as I finished up this three-piece acrylic painting on canvas.

Adding in layers of dark green, dark blue-green, and lighter brownish-green for the silhouetted bushes along the bottom.

Close up of some of the ground-colored paint (while it was still wet and particularly shiny).

Dark bushes in silhouette. Once the first layer is dry, I'll add a bit more dimension.

Adding in glowing street lamps along the bottom, and some foliage details.

I used looser brushstrokes for the bushes, just as I did the background sky.

The looser brushstrokes give the bushes a more abstract look than the crisp lines of the architecture.

I added some glowing red lights to the tops of some of the skyscrapers, to match the street lamps along the bottom.

More glowing red/white lights.

And now the triptych is finished! Check back soon for another blog post, featuring pictures of the finished set of three canvases!

No comments:

Post a Comment