Friday, December 14, 2018

Custom Name Painting (Kianoosh)

I recently completed another custom name watercolor painting, this one for a boy named Kianoosh with a blue and white bedroom.

I used dark and light blue Daniel Smith brand watercolor paints (plus just a hint of dark purple), on Arches watercolor paper. The watercolor itself is just over 8"x10" in size, cropped to 8"x10" by the white mat and frame I used to match Kianoosh's white furniture.

First, I traced the name onto the paper with pencil, so that I could paint around the letters (leaving the letters themselves the color of the white paper):




Here are some in-progress shots of the painting while it was still wet:





And here's the final piece, with and without the coordinating frame:







You can order your own custom name painting with this listing in my Etsy shop. They make great baby shower gifts or housewarming gifts or wedding gifts (I can put two names on a painting, too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment