Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 Art Year in Review

I kind of lost steam in the second half of this year, as life got in the way - but I still managed to accomplish a lot in the first several months of 2018, and I've got a lot more planned for the first months of 2019 as well! Below are just some of my art and blogging highlights from 2018.
  • Some of my colored pencil drawings from the Canton Village Theater's GRRRLS Like Us exhibition (Nov-Dec 2017) were featured in a Heaven Spot episode of Detroit area artists. The video premiered at Young Felix Loft on January 19, 2018; you can read about my experience at the premiere party and watch the video here.


  • My colored pencil drawings "30 Days" and "28 Years" were hung at the Grosse Pointe War Memorial from July 12 to August 19, 2018, as part of their "Flower Power" Art Exhibition.
  • My Etsy shop continued to see sales throughout 2018, especially for custom watercolor bouquet commissions, original Great Lakes watercolor paintings, and art print notecards.



  • This blog, "Until the Water Falls," hit 15,000 total views, and two of my posts from this year entered my "Top Three" most viewed posts: Entitlement (which has nearly 230 views) and Missed Miscarriage (which is now my most viewed blog post, with 460+ views).
  • I received lots of great comments on several Instagram pics this year, with some posts earning close to 90 "likes." Follow me on Instagram and Twitter to see more posts in 2019!









What I love about looking back at the last twelve months is that even if there were a few months where I felt "not productive enough," I can still look at the year as a whole and marvel at everything I accomplished. Like any year, 2018 had highs and lows; if I focus on the high points, I can see that I really have a lot of positives in my life - which helps me get excited for the plans I have in the works for 2019.

Thank you to everyone who continues to read my blog, follow me on social media, purchase artwork from my Etsy shop and just generally support me in my artistic endeavors and in life!! :) In 2019, you can look forward to more colored pencil drawings, more watercolor paintings, and more personal vulnerability, as I write about my artistic journey and life journey on this blog. Happy new year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment