Thursday, November 14, 2019

Pattern Grace in Blue & Yellow

For this 8"x10" watercolor painting, I chose the colors blue and yellow (which also gave me some nice shades of green where the two pigments met and blended together using the wet-on-wet technique).

I designed the pattern (Pattern Grace) in Adobe Illustrator, then traced it onto watercolor paper and taped it down to keep the paper flat while I painted. Here are some in-progress photos:







And here's the finished painting, still taped down while it finishes drying:






Once it was fully dry, I untaped it and erased any stray pencil marks. Voila - another completed painting!







This particular painting is not yet listed for sale on Etsy, but in the meantime, check out the several watercolor sets of patterned paintings I do have in my Etsy shop - framed and ready to hang!

No comments:

Post a Comment