Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Pattern Kristy in Purple

This 8"x10" watercolor painting is called "Pattern Kristy in Purple." I designed the pattern (which I named Kristy) in Adobe Illustrator, then traced it in pencil onto watercolor paper. I taped the paper down so it would stay flat while I painted, then selected which color(s) to use. For this one, I decided on purple, one of my favorite colors!

Below are some in-progress shots of the drawing, beginning the painting process, and finishing up the watercolor:











And here is the finished painting, once it was completed and dry:







This particular painting is not yet listed for sale on Etsy, but in the meantime, check out the several watercolor sets of patterned paintings I do have in my Etsy shop - framed and ready to hang!

No comments:

Post a Comment