Sunday, January 29, 2017

"28 Years" - Year #4

For general information about this 22"x30" colored pencil drawing, see this blog post.
For more information about the flower symbolism I used (Years 1-14) and life events that led me to select those particular flowers, see this blog post.

--

My fourth floral arrangement consists of aloe and anemone.
  • Aloe: symbol of healing, protection, affection, grief, and luck
  • Anemone: symbol of fading hope, anticipation, protection against evil, luck, and having been forsaken
First I sketched out the plants in the designated space.




Here are the two botanical illustrations I used as inspiration (I don't own either of these images; I found them on Google):





I lightly sketched in the pink and red forms of the aloe and anemone plants, then lightly sketched in the green for the anemone's leaves.





I used red and green to lightly sketch in the aloe leaves next.





Once the flowers were all in place, I started to fill in the dimension. I colored in the anemone blooms with several shades of pink, and colored in the anemone's leaves with green, leaving some thin "lines" of the black background showing through for details on the leaves.






Then I colored in the aloe plant with several shades of red and green. Here is the final drawing:







4/28ths down, 24 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment