Wednesday, February 1, 2017

"28 Years" - Year #5

For general information about this 22"x30" colored pencil drawing, see this blog post.
For more information about the flower symbolism I used (Years 1-14) and life events that led me to select those particular flowers, see this blog post.

--

My 5th "mini bouquet" is made up of ivy and gerbera daisy.
  • Ivy: symbol of friendship, continuity, dependence, and endurance
  • Gerbera Daisy: symbol of cheerfulness, joy, high esteem, and admiration
First I sketched the plants on black paper.




Here are the two botanical illustrations I used for source inspiration (I don't own these images; I found them on Google):




I started coloring in the ivy first, with shades of green.







Then I drew in the gerbera daisy, with layers of pink, yellow, and white.






I added the second gerbera daisy bud, and the leaves of the daisy, making them bluer than they might be otherwise, just so they would be easy to differentiate from the ivy green.






Here are the first 5 drawings. 5/28ths complete!




No comments:

Post a Comment