Saturday, May 27, 2017

"Gender Bouquet (Stronger Together)" - In Progress 6

To read about gender terminology and why gender is a spectrum, visit this blog post. To read about the idea behind this colored pencil drawing and an explanation for the symbolism of the specific flowers used, check out this one.

-

I'm now halfway done with the final layers of my "Gender Bouquet" colored pencil drawing. Just four more purple flowers and eight blue flowers to go to complete the color spectrum!

Today I'll be showing photos of finishing up the next six flowers, starting with these dark purple irises. For this plant, I used two shades of green, three shades of purple, and one shade of blue.






At the bottom of the bouquet is this small bunch of dark purple pansies, which I colored in with three shades of green, a dark blue, black, and three shades of purple.






Next, I built up the colored pencil layers for these bluish-purple carnations. I used two shades of green, two shades of blue, and three shades of purple.





These African violets are also more of a bluish-purple. These two blue-purple flowers will help transition the bouquet into the blue flowers that are coming next. For these violets, I used four shades of green (for the leaves and centers), two shades of blue, and two shades of purple.





Here is the whole drawing so far, with eight pink flowers and eight purple flowers done. Just eight blue flowers left, and the drawing will be complete!




The first blue flower I worked on was this pale lithodora plant. I used two green colored pencils, two blue pencils, a green-blue pencil, and white for the highlights.





The other light blue flower in this bouquet is this sweet pea, which I drew using white, two pale blues, three medium blues, a dark blue, and two green colored pencils.





The remaining six flowers in this drawing will be more of a medium blue or dark blue shade. Check back tomorrow for more pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment