Sunday, May 28, 2017

"Gender Bouquet (Stronger Together)" - In Progress 7

To read about gender terminology and why gender is a spectrum, visit this blog post. To read about the idea behind this colored pencil drawing and an explanation for the symbolism of the specific flowers used, check out this one.

-

I've finally reached the end of this 19"x25" drawing! Below are the last six flowers I worked on to complete this color spectrum bouquet.

These pretty azalea were drawn with seven colored pencils - two shades of green, four shades of blue, and one purple.




Below the blue azalea are these blue anemones. I used three shades of green for the leaves and stems, five shades of blue for the petals, and a black colored pencil for the centers.





These blue hydrangea were a bit simpler - using only three shades of blue and a purple colored pencil for the tiny petals, and three shades of green for the leaves.





This trio of cornflowers (a.k.a. bachelor's buttons) were drawn with five shades of blue, ranging from a very dark navy blue to a pale "cloud blue" pencil. I also used two shades of green on the stems and leaves.






I include two blue lotus flowers in this bouquet as well. I used a light yellow-green for the centers, and four shades of blue for the petals.





I've finally come to the last of the two dozen flowers in this bouquet - the delphinium stalk (a.k.a. larkspur). I used three shades of blue for the petals and three shades of green for the stem.





And now the whole drawing is complete! My next blog post will show the final pictures of the entire drawing, so you can see how it all comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment