Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Custom Name Paintings (Athena)

Besides the two paintings I made for friends who got married last year, I also made a single-name custom artwork for my cousin, who gave birth to a baby girl named Athena in December. I created this painting with a fun purple and metallic gold color scheme, to play up the royal/goddess origins of her baby's name.

As with my other paintings, I first traced the name onto paper and then taped the paper to my work table.




For this one, I chose to keep the letters white (the color of the paper), so I painted around the outlines I'd traced. I used highly pigmented purple and metallic gold inks in addition to purple, pink and yellow watercolor paint for this piece.




The above pictures were taken while the painting was still wet. Once it was dry, there were some interesting abstract watermarks that remained on the paper, giving it an authentic, artistic look.




Here is the finished painting, in a gray frame:




On the back of the painting, I wrote:




If you would like to order a custom name painting like this to gift to someone in your life, you can check out this Etsy listing in my shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment