Monday, February 19, 2018

Custom Name Paintings (Couples)

In 2017, I created three name paintings as wedding and baby shower gifts. The two that I'm featuring in today's blog post were for old friends who were getting married - Vikram & Laura, who got married in June, and Kerri & Matthew, who got married in October. For each of these couples, I created a unique watercolor painting of their names, which I then framed and gifted to them to hang in their new homes together. :)





I forgot to take step-by-step photos of the above painting as I was creating it, but I did take a few for the next name painting I did, just to show off the process.

First, I traced the names onto the paper and then taped the 8x10 watercolor paper to the table (to keep it flat while the paper was subjected to lots of water).




Then I started building up layers of color in the background and for the names, even splattering different colors onto the paper to give it an artistic look.





Here is the final painting:





If you would like to order a custom name painting like this to gift to someone in your life, you can check out this Etsy listing in my shop. I can do these paintings in any color combination you can imagine - in fact, for an exciting purple and metallic gold color scheme, check back in a few days for another new blog post, featuring a painting I made for my cousin's new baby! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment