Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Floral Alphabet Watercolor - W & X

I recently finished up the last four letters of this floral alphabet watercolor set. Scroll down to see more "in progress" pics of letters W & X.



I started with an ink outline of the two letters, which I taped down to keep steady while I painted. Then I added some light pink, yellow, green, blue, and violet for an initial first layer.







Next, I splattered each painting with yellow and pink watercolor paint.




Finally, I darkened the letters (and the flowers inside) by adding more layers of paint. I started with the blue-violet background, then added more green to the leaves and more pink and yellow and blue to the flowers - and then finished with a bit of touching up on the blue-violet background, to make sure I got it as dark as I wanted for that pop of contrast.








Here are the two finished paintings, once they were dry, untaped, and signed.






Only two more letters to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment